Tonight I decided to write out various dinners that are quick, easy & tasty, & post it on my fridge. I feel like there are a lot of evenings when I realize I pulled nothing out of the freezer, & I have a serious lack of inspiration for creating a meal. However, we have a lot of dinners that taste really good, & aren't too hard to whip up. So I'm hoping this dinner inspiration will give me some assistance, especially as we get ready to start school in a short 11 days. On the list, we have tacos or burritos, lasagna, curry, stir-fry, spaghetti, roasted chicken & stroganoff, of course. I'm not sure which one I was inspired to make first, the stroganoff or the dinner inspiration card, but either way, both turned out! This stroganoff is easy & you can change around the spices as you like, the salt & pepper really are the ones that make it.
1.5 pounds ground venison burger (or beef, turkey, buffalo, etc)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-14-ounce cans coconut milk
1/4-cup vegetable broth
3 tablespoons potato starch
salt & pepper, to taste, & any other seasonings you like (I sometimes use tajin)
Seasonings: sea salt, pepper, chili pepper, thyme & red chili flakes, all to taste (I use a lot of salt & pepper)
1-pack choice of gluten-free or regular noodles
1. Heat large pan or wok over medium heat. Dice onion & add to the pan, along with the garlic and olive oil. Sautee for a couple mintues, then add the burger & sliced mushrooms.
2. Cook onions, mushrooms & burger until completely done. Season with spices.
3. Add 2 cans of coconut milk, stirring well.
4. Whisk the potato starch with the vegetable broth, then add to the cooked burger, stirring constantly. It will thicken as it cooks.
5. Taste & add any additional seasonings it needs.