I adapted this recipe from something I found in a Martha Stewart catalog, it was for a low-calorie chocolate cake, so they had already removed the eggs and used olive oil instead of butter. I just went a step further and made it corn-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
1 Cup warm water
1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 Cup flour mix: 1/2 Cup white rice flour, 1/2 Cup tapioca flour, 1/4 Cup quinoa flakes, 1/4 Cup brown rice flour
1 Cup organic sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon guar gum
3/4 Cup non-dairy milk (soy, rice, coconut)
1/2 Cup olive oil or coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
1 Cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix warm water and unsweetened cocoa powder until it is smooth.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, sea salt and guar gum.
4. Add the cocoa mix, oil, and non-dairy milk to dry ingredients.
5. Mix until smooth. Add the apple cider vinegar, then pour into a greased pan.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
7. For the glaze, mix all ingredients in a blender. Frost cake once it has cooled. Enjoy!