I came across this waffle recipe recently & tried it with great success. The second time around was even better. Rather than trying to find it via google for a third time, I decided to actually post it here with our changes.
Pumpkin Waffles (Vegan, Gluten-free)
1 cup brown or white rice flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup potato starch
3 Tablespoons sugar (or use 2 Tablespoons Agave)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1-1/4 to 3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1. Turn on waffle iron to heat.
2. Mix together flours, sugar, baking powder & sea salt.
3. Add in pumpkin puree, 1-1/4 cup almond milk & olive oil. Mix well, add more milk (you may need up to 1/2 cup more) if needed. Be careful batter doesn't become too thin.
4. Add chopped almonds.
5. Brush waffle iron with olive oil on both top & bottom.
6. Pour the batter in the center of the iron, it should be just the right consistency to spread out on the entire iron.
7. Close the iron & let it bake until the 'green' light tells you they're done! They come out really orange with the pumpkin puree in it, but they sure are tasty!!
8. Top with your favorite toppings- palm shortening, coconut oil, real maple syrup, chopped strawberries, strawberry jelly, or blueberry syrup.