This a very moist, delicious spice cake. Ry and I created this last fall and I bring it to any function involving food. It always gets rave reviews from anyone who tries it; you'd never know it was free of so many things. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cake
1-1/4 Cup Sorghum flour
3/4 Cup Tapioca flour
3/4 Cup organic sugar
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon guar gum
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1- 15 ounce canned pumpkin
1/2 Cup olive oil or melted coconut oil or melted palm shortening
1/4 Cup applesauce
1 Tablespoon molasses
3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1-1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoon non-dairy milk or water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients together, add in pumpkin, oil, applesauce, and molasses.
3. Mix well, then add apple cider vinegar.
4. Pour into greased 8-inch cake pan.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
6. For glaze, mix ingredients in blender (I use my Vitamix) and top cake once it's cooled.
This cake tastes even better the next day, once the glaze has melted into it, it becomes even moister. This would also be a delicious coffee-cake alternative.