A long time ago, I worked at a coffee shop. There were these most delicious pumpkin cookies that we used to devour. Last night, I was determined to make them. Using my pumpkin spice cake as a base, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Okay, who am I kidding. The recipe made 15 cookies & there were only three left this morning. Yep, they were that good. The frosting definitely adds a whole lot of sweetness, so if you want less of a sweet treat, I'd just nix the frosting. But if you're looking for a decadent dessert, then definitely use it! Enjoy!
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1-15 ounce canned pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup palm shortening
2-4 tablespoons dairy-free milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Add pumpkin & oil to dry ingredients, mix well.
3. Drop dough on to cookie sheet (I did about an 1/8 cup, which made 15 cookies).
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. For frosting, place all ingredients into mixing bowl & mix until smooth.
6. When cookies cool, frost & enjoy! (But they're also very good without frosting!)