Let me confess now, my photography blog & business have taken the front-seat to this blog. I just can't quite find enough time to manage all of them regularly, in addition to raising my boys. So this post is long overdue. For Halloween, I made my own chocolates. They were super easy and I'm now collecting jello molds for every holiday. Thanks to Enjoy Life Foods, there are chocolate chips that Ry can actually eat! I melted one bag and poured them into molds, lightly greased with palm shortening. They were super cute. I just need to figure out a creative way to wrap them. I used saran wrap, which pretty much covered all the little details of the chocolates, so I'll have to look into those little foil candy wrappers. Did you catch how easy that recipe was?
1 bag chocolate chips
1 tablespoon palm shortening
chocolate or candy molds (I used jello molds)
1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in a glass bowl or measuring cup. Cook for a couple minutes, stir, then cook until they are fully melted. About 3-5 minutes.
2. Lightly grease molds with palm shortening.
3. Spoon chocolate into molds and move around with a wooden chopstick or skewer. Lightly tap the molds on the counter to pop any bubbles.
4. Immediately place in the freezer to chill.
5. When hardened, pop out of molds- about 30 minutes. Wrap in plastic or foil and keep in the refrigerator.