Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-free, Vegan)
We made chocolate chip cookies a few nights ago and they reminded me quite a bit of Chips Ahoy cookies. They were not too soft and not too hard. Just right :-). I had found this recipefor Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies, which was great because I didn’t have to tweak much to make them gluten-free. I love searching for vegan recipes- it makes my life easier! I honestly don’t think the boys had ever had chocolate chip cookies before. At least I know Covey hasn’t. Boy, were they happy with these ones. They even held up overnight and made for a great treat the next afternoon (the little that were left...). Enjoy!
Gluten-free Vegan Chips Ahoy!
1-1/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons corn-free baking powder
1 teaspoon guar gum
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup palm shortening, melted
1/4 cup water
1. Mix together flours, baking powder, guar gum and sea salt. Add chocolate chips and stir.
2. Mix melted palm shortening and brown sugar together.
3. Make a whole in the dry ingredients and fill with shortening and sugar, mix. Add water and blend until smooth.
4. Shape into 2-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for five minutes, then rotate cookie sheet and bake an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven when a bit softer than desired.
6. The cookies will crisp as they cool. If cookies crumble when removing from sheet, let cool for a couple minutes.