I have a bad habit of modifying every.single.recipe I make. Even when they're my own...Today I felt like baking something & those browning bananas needed something special done to them, so decided on my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. However, we had no teff, so just like that the ingredients started changing. They still taste great, but thought it was the perfect opportunity to show how you can modify something to make it 'friendly' depending on what foods are safe & still taste good!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1-1/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sugar
5 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons guar gum
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups mashed bananas (I used four today, last time five)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. In separate bowl, mash bananas (I briefly put mine in the Vitamix) & mix with olive oil.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients & mix well, careful not to overmix. Fold in chocolate chips & apple cider vinegar.
5. Spoon into muffin tins (about a 1/4 cup per tin).
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean!