Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins (dairy-free, vegan, whole wheat)
It never ceases to amaze me how easy it can be to bake tasty food egg-free. These muffins are delicious and easy to throw together. While they use banana to help hold them together, it's hard to taste. Just the same, if you're sensitive to the flavor, you'll probably notice it. I haven't tried any alternatives, but increasing the yogurt and also using applesauce may be a possible alternative. Honestly, I'd leave as is and try not to devour immediately. Enjoy!
Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins
makes 24 muffins
1-1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup palm shortening
2 bananas, mashed
1-1/2 cup dairy-free milk
1 cup dairy-free yogurt
2 cups frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line cupcake pan with liners.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.
3. Add the shortening, mashed bananas, dairy-free milk and dairy-free yogurt to the dry ingredients. Mix well (batter will be thick).
4. Fold in blueberries. When thoroughly mixed, fill liners 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.