Summer's should be filled with sunshine, laughter & potato salad. Seriously, it's my favorite. It's also quick & easy to prepare & seems to stay good for a few days. I like that I can fill it up with veggies, too, & the kids still chow it down. Sometimes I make it without a mayo-dressing & sometimes with one, just depends how quick I want to get it on the table. This recipe uses vegenaisse, which has a few options available, one of which is soy-free.
1 pound potatoes
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 carrots, chopped small
1/2 head broccoli, chopped
1 can black olives, sliced
3/4 cup veganaisse (or more, if you want more dressing)
1 tablespoon mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces (leave skin on or peel them, whatever you prefer).
2. Boil potatoes until just about done; don't overcook, otherwise they'll become mashed potato salad.
3. When potatoes are done, drain in colander and sprinkle with vinegar.
4. Mix together mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
5. When potatoes are cooled, add chopped carrots, chopped broccoli and sliced olives and dressing. Mix until evenly coated.
6. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.